RIBCRAFT Delivers Fire Boat to the Portsmouth
Professional grade rigid inflatable boat (RIB) manufacturer RIBCRAFT said it recently delivered a specialized 25’ RIBCRAFT 7.8 to the Portsmouth Fire Department.
Located on the Piscataqua River in New Hampshire, the Portsmouth Fire Department provides on-water search and rescue operations as well as fire protection to the seacoast community. This RIB, featuring a heavy duty inflatable tube and deep V hull, expands the department’s firefighting and rescue capabilities while providing a safe and reliable vessel for their firefighters.
Featuring a center console with an extended hard top with a drop down enclosure for all weather protection, the 25’ RIB provides excellent open aft deck space for rescue operations, divers, personnel and equipment, the builder said. To answer the department’s fire suppression needs, the 7.8 features a forward positioned portable fire pump that is hard plumbed but can be easily removed when additional deck space is needed. Powered by a single 250HP Mercury Verado outboard, the RIB will reach speeds in excess of 45mph while still providing unparalleled safety and unsurpassed performance.
RIBCRAFT worked with the chief to understand their operational requirements and built a boat that meets all of their demands. The department not only needed a reliable and improved rescue boat, but a boat with fire suppression capabilities. The RICBRAFT 7.8 provides the versatility, ease of use, and accessibility the city and department was missing with their older larger boat.
Features of the 25’ RIBCRAFT 7.8 include:
- Forward positioned console with extended aluminum hard top with full size windscreen and three sided canvas drop down enclosure
- Aluminum antenna arch with integrated dive ladder
- Forward aluminum bow post
- Portable fire pump in front of console
- Keel guard
- Red Hypalon tube with heavy duty rubstake and additional tube accessories including bow reinforcement, boarding wear patches and tube grab handles
- 250 HP Mercury Verado outboard
- Full set of electronics including: VHF, GPS, FLIR stabilized camera, hailer/siren, department radio, LED light bar, and LED flood lights providing 360⁰ illumination
Designed specifically as a surf rescue craft, the RIBCRAFT RIB expands the department’s on water response capabilities with its increased maneuverability and rough water performance. Within hours of delivery the new boat was put to use in a search and rescue mission. The 7.8 is a fast response offshore RIB providing RIBCRAFT’s signature stable, dry ride.