Semco Inks Agreement with the Armed Forces
Semco Maritime AS (Norway) has signed a framework agreement with the Armed Forces.
- Semco Maritime AS has entered into a framework agreement with the Norwegian Defense Logistics Organization (FLO)
- The agreement covers the navy / coastguard vessels at Haakonsvern base and all assignments under this agreement will be handled from Semco Maritime’s shipyard at Hanøytangen.
- The agreement, which has a duration of four years, has an option of an additional three years
- The agreement has a limit of $76m during the contract period
- This agreement allows Semco Maritime to utilize capabilities within a variety of disciplines
The framework agreement is a supplement to the existing framework agreements of the Armed Forces and the maintenance tasks performed by the Armed Forces themselves. The Defense will call on this agreement with Semco Maritime AS whenever additional capacity is needed, and / or existing framework agreements do not cover the maintenance needs. Semco Maritime AS is a subsidiary of Semco Maritime A/S in Denmark. Semco Maritime Norway has more than 400 employees at locations in Stavanger and Bergen. Semco Maritime is an international engineering and installation company focusing on deliveries in maritime operations and offshore energy.
"We have +30 years of experience with the design, fabrication, service and maintenance of our customers' assets, from turnkey technical solutions to the outsourcing of personnel, delivery of components / systems and solutions. We have long-standing experience with providing customers
and partners with cost-effective quality solutions. The agreement strengthens our yard at Hanøytangen as well as Semco Maritime in general. We are therefore very proud that we have been chosen as a provider of quality services to the FLO. We are honored by this commitment by the Armed Forces and we hope to be able to build upon this agreement further in the years to come, "says Managing Director, Lars Jønholt Halvorsen, Semco Maritime Norway.