ESG Delivers Z-Drive Tug to McAllister
Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc. has announced the delivery of the Escort/Rescue Z-Drive Tug Ava M. McAllister for McAllister Towing, Inc. on May 31, 2019.
This Escort/Rescue Z-Drive Tug design is provided by Jensen Maritime Consultants and is issued a USCG Sub-M Certificate of Inspection (COI). The vessel arrived at Eastern in 2018.
The Ava M. McAllister (ESG Hull #222) is from the same 100’ Z-drive tug design provided by Jensen Maritime Consultants of Seattle, WA as the Rosemary McAllister (ESG Hull #224) and the upcoming Capt. Jim McAllister(ESG Hull #223), tugs constructed at Eastern. The Rosemary McAllister was recently honored as one of the Significant Boats of 2018 by WorkBoat Magazine, at the 2018 International Workboat Show in New Orleans. The lead vessel of this four (4) vessel series is the Capt. Brian McAllister delivered in the summer of 2017 built by Horizon Shipbuilding, Inc.
The Ava M. McAllister Escort/Rescue Z-Drive Tug features the following characteristics:
- ESG Hull #222:3rd Vessel in the Series of 4
- Dimensions (Overall):100’ x 40’ x 16’-4”
- Total Horsepower:6,772 HP
- Main Engines:(2) ABS Caterpillar 3516E 3,386 HP @ 1800 RPM, Tier 4 EPA Certified Marine Diesel Engines
- Main Propulsion:(2) ABS Schottel SRP-510 Z-Drives Fixed Pitch
- Reduction Gears:(2) ABS Lufkin MV1600S, with 2:1 Reduction
- Main Generators:(3) ABS Caterpillar C7.1 Turbocharged, each rated at 118kW @ 1,800 RPM
- Firefighting:(1) ABS Caterpillar C9.3 Tier 3 EPA Certified Marine Auxiliary Diesel Engine rated at 375HP @ 1800
- Fire Pump & Monitors:(1) FFS Model SEP150x200HD, 3,000 GPM / (2) FFS Model 300M Monitors, 1,500 GPM each / (1) IM/API-100 AFFF Foam Proportioner @ 3 & 6%
- Hawser Winch:(1) Single Drum Hawser Winch, Bow mounted
- Towing Winch:(1) Single Drum Tow Winch, Stern mounted
- Regulatory:ABS A1 Towing, Escort, AMS, Ice Class “D0”, but without ABS notation, EPA Tier 4
- Flag:United States of America