New Concept Ice Class Tugs for Svitzer
Med Marine has recently signed a newbuilding contract with Danish operator, Svitzer for two icebreaking tugboats.
The design is new in Med Marine’s portfolio and comes with some great features for extreme climate conditions.
TundRA 3000 is a concept design by Canadian designer Robert Allan Ltd. As the designer has experience in working with different companies operating in harsh winter conditions, TundRA was a great fit for Svitzer’s North European fleet.
Robert Allan's TundRA Series Features:
- Tugs designed for operations in the full range of ice conditions
- Embodying decades of design experience with ice-class vessels
- Uniquely designed for each specific ice class and set of operating conditions
TundRA 3000 design has following design particulars:
- Length overall: 30m
- Beam of hull: 12.6m
- Extreme beam (including fenders): 13.2m
- Depth moulded: 5.7m
- Maximum draft: 5.6m
- Gross tonnage: <500GT
- Minimum bollard pull: 60ton
- Power: Approx 3900 kW
The new design has a very distinctive feature from other designs in Med Marine’s portfolio. The winch is capable to operate over the stern as well via trunk running through the deckhouse. It is also located in an enclosed area to achieve perfect performance even in severe cold weather conditions.