Symphony Sun’ Launched in Leer
On Friday the 29th of April, Nb. 420 was launched in Leer. She was christened ‘Symphony Sun’ and is the fourth vessel in a series of 6 that will be delivered to Symphony Shipping.
Symphony Sun is a vessel of our ‘Ecobox’ design, which is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design features:
– Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr.
– 10500 DWT, 429.000 cft hold volume.
– Iceclass 1A with 3000 kW main engine.
– A large single hold of completely box shaped form.
– Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck.
– 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes.
– Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern.
– Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without maindeck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions.
– The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions.
– Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power.
The launch event was open for the public.