Crew Transfer Safety Seminar in AberdeenMarineLink.com
A seminar focusing on crew transfer contingency planning is to be held in Aberdeen on Monday (September 2) organized by specialist transfer and lifting companies Reflex Marine and EnerMech.
The event, which will be held at the EnerMech training center, at 10.30am, will look at:
- Marine transfers (including who is doing them and where, industry track record, comparable risks and harsh weather transfers)
- Key factors in the transfer system (including vessels, transfer equipment and cranes)
- When and where to transfer
- Best practice and competency
- Emergency planning (including MedEvacs)
The event, which is free and open to everyone with an interest in the subject, has been organized in response to a high level of inquiries from people keen to learn about alternative means of transferring crews offshore.
Reflex Marine CEO Philip Strong said, “Crew transfer is obviously at the forefront of thought in the oil and gas industry at the moment. We are offering a seminar to help industry personnel to understand the risks and develop robust contingency plans.”
“One marine manager has already told us that the seminar is ‘very timely and hugely important.'”
Following the seminar there will be a demonstration of transfer equipment and advice on practical aspects of operations.