Kübler Transports Ship on SCHEUERLE InterCombi
- The 26 x 8.10 x 3.50 m upper deck on a SCHEUERLE InterCombi on its way from Magdeburg to Markkleeberg
- With dimensions of 42 x 8.60 x 4.10 meters, this was no small undertaking: the 165 t hull on SCHEUERLE axles on the way from Dresden to Markkleeberg
- The maneuverable SCHEUERLE InterCombi can be coupled both longitudinally and transversely, and ensures cost-effective operations through the 36 t axle load and driving speeds of up to 80 km/h.
- With the help of a specially constructed temporary road, consisting of metal sheets and a large amount of gravel, the 67 m long SCHEUERLE InterCombi vehicle combination arrived in Auenhain at 3 am.
- Both transports finally meet at Lake Zwenkauer. Here, the upper deck is being positioned on the hull by means of two mobile cranes. The sun deck and antennas have already been mounted.
- The Kübler team maneuvered the ship backwards off the SCHEUERLE InterCombi onto the mobile slipway in order to hydraulically position it on the carrier. Using heavy-duty ropes, the ship was secured in order to prevent any uncontrolled slipping. The ship then slid slowly along the slipway into the water.
- Thanks to the competence of the Kübler team, along with the reliable and proven SCHEUERLE InterCombi, the ship is now ready for operations and can carry up to 400 passengers.
A ship´s upper deck and hull were transported on SCHEUERLE axles to be united in order to carry passengers on the Markkleeberg lake in the German state of Saxony once in service. The upper deck started from Magdeburg whilst the hull was moved from its place of production in Dresden.
A total of 21 SCHEUERLE InterCombi axle lines were on the road for two nights ensuring that the ship sections were safely delivered to their destination. After this, there was nothing to stand in the way of the "marriage" of the heavyweight couple in Markkleeberg. The 35 t upper deck was moved on 10 axle lines, and 11 SCHEUERLE InterCombi axle lines were required for the165 t hull.
InterCombi platform trailers from SCHEUERLE have been constructed to meet the demanding challenges faced in both long-distance road transportation as well as special operational conditions. The modular design provides a wide range of transport solutions which are based on 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8-axle platform trailers. These can be coupled longitudinally and transversely. With 650 mm axle compensation and a steering angle of 60°, the maneuverable InterCombi is very suitable for the safe transportation of heavy loads and, due to its robust frame construction, provides more than sufficient reserves even when moving extreme loads. As an extension of the Inter Combi series, the InterCombi PB (Power Booster) is available which is equipped with shiftable drive axles and, if required, correspondingly powered by a likewise shiftable unit, the so-called Power Pack Unit (PPU) - for example, when negotiating gradients; and this without the use of an additional tractor.