Incat Crowther 32 Demonstrates Bespoke Design
Incat Crowther has announced the launch of Mar de Cies, an Incat Crowther 32 built by Astilleros Armon for Spanish operator Mar De Ons.
Designed specifically for the operation, the vessel demonstrates many benefits of a customized design solution.
The vessel is designed for a low propeller draft to allow access to shallow docks.
The main deck seats 218 passengers at tables, with a large kiosk at the forward end. The open upper deck seats 182 passengers, for a total of 400 passengers. Mar de Cies is built to Astilleros Armon’s typical high standards, with high-quality interior fitout and passenger amenities.
Passenger flow is aided by multiple wide staircases and access options to both decks of the vessel. For safety, all bulwarks are full height, all but eliminating climbable rails.
The vessel’s aluminium hull, whilst being highly efficient, is also very robust offering low maintenance. The hull form features ultra-low fuel burn as the vessel operates at modest engine load. The vessel exceeded 29 knots maximum speed on sea trials. The vessel will operate at 25 knots loaded service speed.
Safety compliance is provided in accordance with the latest EU regulations, a process that involved collaboration with Spanish flag authorities to achieve an optimal outcome.
Mar de Cies, a fully customized design solution, reaps rewards in functionality, operational efficiency and low fuel usage.
Specifications - Incat Crowther 32
- Length Overall 106’ 8” / 32.5m
- Length Waterline 102’ 5” / 31.2m
- Beam Overall 32’ 10” / 10.0m
- Draft (hull) 3’ 8” / 1.1m
- Draft (prop) 5’ 7” / 1.7m
- Depth 10’ 3” / 3.1m
- Construction Marine grade aluminium
- Fuel Oil 2378 gallons / 9 000 liters
- Fresh Water 528 gallons / 2 000 liters
- Sullage 264 gallons / 1 000 liters
- Passengers 400
- Crew 5
Propulsion and Performance:
- Speed (Service) 25 knots
- Speed (Max) 29 knots
- Main Engines 2 x MAN D2862 LE463
- Power 2 x 1029kW @ 2100 rpm
- Propulsion 2 x Propellers
- Generators 1 x Kohler 30kVA
- Flag Spain
- Class / Survey BV I +HULL +MACH HSC Passenger Sea Area 2