ABS Nautical Systems NS5 Update
ABS Nautical Systems, provider of integrated fleet management software, announced the release of 5.5, an upgraded version of the NS5 suite of fleet management software modules. Based on customer feedback and insights, this version incorporates more than 130 new functionalities and modifications.
“Customer input helped steer the initial product development phases for 5.5,” said Fernando Lehrer, Director of Product Development at ABS Nautical Systems. “In addition to many new functional enhancements, NS5.5 allows for more flexibility and greater integration between modules, enabling maritime companies to operate more efficiently while continuously adapting to meet evolving industry needs and market demands.”
New features in NS5.5 include:
• Hull Inspection 1.6: A single point of entry for managing structural maintenance and repairs through the integration of the Maintenance & Repair and Hull Inspection modules
• Condition based maintenance within the Maintenance & Repair module
• New form builder within the Vetting module which generates custom inspection reports
• Union reports within the Crew Manager Module
• Additional enhancements in the Drydock, Maintenance & Repair and Crew Manager modules. ODR2.0: On-demand Reporting is a business analysis tool covering the Maintenance & Repair and HSQE Manager modules.
• DMS1.0: A new web-based integrated document management system
In support of the ABS Newbuild Program, version 5.5 also ties into the Class Survey information system from ABS to better facilitate data exchange between the NS5 software suite and the Class Information System.