Joseph Arthur Sloan
THE name of Sloan has been very prominently identified with the history of shipbuilding in the United States for many ears, first on the Great Lakes, and more recently the Pacific Coast. Joseph Arthur Sloan, of catcle and inacortes, Wash., is one of the best- Known shipbuilding men in the country. He was ::rn in Cleveland, Ohio, January 20, 1862, the n of Edward Henry and Mary (Dillon) Sloan.
Ward Lumber Company
Handling and distribution of the varieties of lumber for ship use one of the most im- p rtant enterprises is that of the Adsit-Ward Lumber Company, whose yards, buildings, and siieds occupy a three-acre tract on Pacific Avenue. the Morris Canal and Van Horn Street in Jersey City, N. J. The business is a partnership, of which Charles E Adsit and A.
HOLDEN ALLEN EVANS
HOLDEN ALLEN EVANS, president of The Baltimore Dry Docks and Ship Building Company, was born in Greenville, Alabama, December 6, 1871, the son of Holden and Martha Anderson (Van Allen) Evans. In both paternal and maternal lines he is descended from old Colonial families prominent in the Southern Colonies and States.
Charles A. Parsons
THE following is a sketch of the career of the Hon. Sir Charles A. Parsons, K.C.B.,F.R.S., D.Sc., etc., the brilliant inventor and engineer, and chairman of the Parsons Ma- r -r Steam Turbine Company, Limited, Turbinia . works. Wallsend-on-Tyne, and C. A. Parsons and Company, Limited, Heaton Works,
Edward J. Barber
I X these days, when the question of the re-habilitation and enlargement of our American Merchant Marine looms so prominently in the horizon, it is well to reflect how much we owe to the men and firms that have steadily kept the American flag floating in all parts of the world. Of these no name is
KARL KROGSTAD THE large participation of experienced Norwegian men and firms in the expansion of America's foreign commerce is ably represented by the house of S. O. Stray & Co., of Christiansands, Norway, the largest sailing shipowners in Scandinavia and long leaders in the shipping interests in Norway.
- A BERTH AW IN SHIPBUILDING
- ahncke Dry Dock And Shipbuilding Corporation
- Arthur Johnson Grymes
- August Frederic Mack
- Austin Baldwin & Company, Inc.
- B. Mclain Transportation Line
- Bouker Contracting Company
- Brunswick Refrigerating Co
- C. D. Dyler
- Camden Forge Company
- Captain A. P. Lundin
- Carter & Weekes Stevedoring Company
- Charles Lorenzo Hutchinson
- Christen Christensen, JR
- Coastwise Lumber & Supply Company,Inc
- COASTWISE WAREHOUSES, INCORPORATED
- COMPANIA TRASATLANTICA— SPANISH ROYAL MAIL LINE
- Cox & Stevens.
- Crawford Hatcher Ellis
- Davison Chemical Company.
- De Forest Radio Telephone And Telegraph Company
- Donald, Stewart & Company
- EASTERN SHORE SHIPBUILDING CORPORATION
- Edward Walker Nichols
- Einar Storm Trosdal
- FORE RIVER SHIPBUILDING CORPORATION
- FOREIGN TRANSPORT & MERCANTILE CORPORATION
- France And Canada Steamship Corporation.
- Frank Sarkis Shields
- Frank Waterhouse & Company
- G. A. Tomlinson
- George A Carden-National Shipping Corporation
- George Stefanos Varounis
- George Stout Shimer
- Guy Menefee Standifer
- H. Emerson Comings
- H. Farquharson Kerr
- Harvey Danforth Goulder
- Henrey A. Kessel
- HOLDEN ALLEN EVANS
- Horace Simpson Wilkinson
- J.M. Willis
- James Barret Crockett
- James P. Mcallister
- Jmes R. Raymond And The Raymond Releashing Device
- John Grant Currie
- John Stanley Ashley
- John W. Hamilton
- Joseph Arthur Sloan
- Karl Krogstad
- Lewis Nixon
- New York Oversea,Inc.
- Norflok Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Corporation
- Norfolk Marine Railway Company, Incorporated
- Norwegian-American Securities Corporation
- Old Dominion Marine Railway & Hudson Transportation Company.
- Paul Wenger Company.
- Philip Dillon Sloan
- Rinelli & Guardino
- Robert J. Tod
- Roy Mitchell Wolvin
- Simon Lake
- Stephen Baker
- T. S. Southgate & Company
- Taggart Coal Company
- The Baltimore Dry Docks Ship Building Co
- The Cleveland Pneumatic Tool Company
- The Hoover Suction Sweeper Company
- The Kelly Reamer Company.
- The Liberty Shipbuilding & Transportation Company
- THE MICHENER STOWAGE COMPANY
- The Ohio Shipbuilding Company
- The Reiss Steamship Company & Norht American Steamship Co
- The Rocky River Dry Dock Company
- The Snake & Triest Company
- THE UNION SULEHUR COMPANY OF NEW JERSEY
- The Valley Steamship Company
- THE YOUROVETA HOME FOREIGN TRADE CO., INC.
- THEO. A. CRANE'S SONS COMPANY
- Theodore E.Ferris
- Vidkunn Johnsen
- W. C. Richardson
- WALLACE DOWNEY
- Water L. Webster
- WILL ARD U. TAYLOR
- William Cecil Lacombe
- William Drew Dittmar
- William G. Mather
- William Van Doorn
- YULE & MUNRO