Joseph Arthur Sloan
THE name of Sloan has been very prominently identified with the history of shipbuilding in the United States for many ears, first on the Great Lakes, and more recently the Pacific Coast. Joseph Arthur Sloan, of catcle and inacortes, Wash., is one of the best- Known shipbuilding men in the country. He was ::rn in Cleveland, Ohio, January 20, 1862, the n of Edward Henry and Mary (Dillon) Sloan.
Ward Lumber Company
Handling and distribution of the varieties of lumber for ship use one of the most im- p rtant enterprises is that of the Adsit-Ward Lumber Company, whose yards, buildings, and siieds occupy a three-acre tract on Pacific Avenue. the Morris Canal and Van Horn Street in Jersey City, N. J. The business is a partnership, of which Charles E Adsit and A.
HOLDEN ALLEN EVANS
HOLDEN ALLEN EVANS, president of The Baltimore Dry Docks and Ship Building Company, was born in Greenville, Alabama, December 6, 1871, the son of Holden and Martha Anderson (Van Allen) Evans. In both paternal and maternal lines he is descended from old Colonial families prominent in the Southern Colonies and States.
Charles A. Parsons
THE following is a sketch of the career of the Hon. Sir Charles A. Parsons, K.C.B.,F.R.S., D.Sc., etc., the brilliant inventor and engineer, and chairman of the Parsons Ma- r -r Steam Turbine Company, Limited, Turbinia . works. Wallsend-on-Tyne, and C. A. Parsons and Company, Limited, Heaton Works,
Edward J. Barber
I X these days, when the question of the re-habilitation and enlargement of our American Merchant Marine looms so prominently in the horizon, it is well to reflect how much we owe to the men and firms that have steadily kept the American flag floating in all parts of the world. Of these no name is
KARL KROGSTAD THE large participation of experienced Norwegian men and firms in the expansion of America's foreign commerce is ably represented by the house of S. O. Stray & Co., of Christiansands, Norway, the largest sailing shipowners in Scandinavia and long leaders in the shipping interests in Norway.
- A. O. Andersen & Company Inc
- Air Reduction Company, Incorporated.
- American Coal Exporting Company
- Arthur C. Stratford
- Arthur H. Page Company, Ltd....The Wilson Transit Co.
- Asbestolith Manufacturing Company
- Austin Baldwin & Company, Inc.
- B. Mclain Transportation Line
- BEN HAM & BOYESEN, INC.
- Borch-Lydon Company, Inc & Continental Shipping Corp
- Bouker Contracting Company
- BOWRING & COMPANY
- Brunswick Refrigerating Co
- C. D. Dyler
- C. F. HARMS & COMPANY
- Captain A. P. Lundin
- Carter & Weekes Stevedoring Company
- CHARLES A. ANDERSON & COMPANY
- Charles A. Parsons
- Charles A. Schieren Company
- Charles Lorenzo Hutchinson
- COASTWISE WAREHOUSES, INCORPORATED
- COLONNA MARINE RAILWAY CORPORATION
- Coston Supply Company
- Count Francois Marion Rafailovich
- Crawford Hatcher Ellis
- Davison Chemical Company.
- Donald, Stewart & Company
- EASTERN SHORE SHIPBUILDING CORPORATION
- Edward J. Barber
- Edward Walker Nichols
- Ernest C. Klipstein
- FOREIGN TRANSPORT & MERCANTILE CORPORATION
- France And Canada Steamship Corporation.
- France.Canada Steamship Corporation
- Frank Sarkis Shields
- Frank Waterhouse & Company
- George A Carden-National Shipping Corporation
- H. Emerson Comings
- Harry Coulby
- Harvey Danforth Goulder
- HOLDEN ALLEN EVANS
- Horace Simpson Wilkinson
- Isaac L. Rice
- J.M. Willis
- James Barret Crockett
- James E. Ward & Company
- James Henrey Clark
- Jmes R. Raymond And The Raymond Releashing Device
- John Stanley Ashley
- Joseph Corcos
- L. A. Dalrymple Percival. Mcgiffin & Company
- Leonard Chandler Harry
- Lewis Nixon
- Locomotive Superheather Company
- Low Transportation Line
- NEPTUNE BOAT WORKS
- Norflok Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Corporation
- Norfolk Marine Railway Company, Incorporated
- Norwegian-American Securities Corporation
- Paul Wenger Company.
- Perth Amboy Dry Dock Company
- RELIANCE PAINT COMPANY
- Rinelli & Guardino
- Robert J. Tod
- Simon Lake
- Stephen Baker
- Summer Lumber Company
- T. S. Southgate & Company
- The Cleveland Pneumatic Tool Company
- THE CONTINENTAL IRON WORKS
- The Hoover Suction Sweeper Company
- The Kelly Reamer Company.
- The Liberty Shipbuilding & Transportation Company
- THE MICHENER STOWAGE COMPANY
- The Ohio Shipbuilding Company
- The Patterson-Sargent Company
- The Reiss Steamship Company & Norht American Steamship Co
- The Rocky River Dry Dock Company
- The Tokstad Co.,inc.
- THE UNION SULEHUR COMPANY OF NEW JERSEY
- THE YOUROVETA HOME FOREIGN TRADE CO., INC.
- Vidkunn Johnsen
- W. C. Richardson
- Wager Furnace Bridge Wall Co. J. H. Cofer & Co., Inc.
- Ward Lumber Company
- Water L. Webster
- WATERBURY COMPANY
- William Livingstone