Industry Professionals to Speak at ShipConstructor Conference
The speakers representing various companies at next week's SSI Americas ShipConstructor User Conference, October 7-9, 2014 in Mobile, Alabama, demonstrate SSI's philosophy of creating software solutions for the shipbuilding industry that integrate with best of breed applications, the company said.
SSI executives will highlight the competitive advantages avalable with the implementation of recently released products such as EnterpisePlatform, MarineDrafting, Electrical, PipeLink, WeldManagement and PipeSupports. In the workshops SSI technical staff will provide particular focus on hands-on workflows, best practices and maximizing the efficient use and benefits of the tools.
- Autodesk Technical Evangelist Lynn Allen will demonstrate how to get the most out of AutoCAD 2015 and she will also share her AutoCAD tips and tricks.
- Autodesk Manufacturing Technical Specialist Jamie Scherer will speak to shipbuilders about how to extend their capabilities through the use of Navisworks, ReCap and BIM 360.
- AutoFEM General Director Alexander Sushchikh will explain how to do FEA calculations within an AutoCAD environment using ShipConstructor data.
- ETRAGE Director of Sales and Marketing Ron Zabilski will speak on integrating ShipConstructor with the IFS ERP program and PTC Windchill PLM.
- Gibbs & Cox VP & Chief Engineering Officer Thomas A. Schubert will show how his company uses ShipConstructor to increase efficiency.
- UTEC Survey Inc. VP of Measurement Technologies Mark Kluza will talk about 3D scanning in a shipbuilding / offshore context.
- NAPA Sales & Marketing Manager Mikko Fors will talk about initial design solutions.