Port of Houston Install Versiant Mobile Software Solution
Global maritime IT services company, Versiant, says that its Lynx™ mobile software solution has been installed by the Port of Houston Authority (PHA) providing real-time accurate information for their customers at Barbours Cut and Bayport Terminals.
By this means, customers are now able to verify container availability, view vessel schedules, review bookings and retrieve gate EIRs prior to arriving at the terminal, with an intuitive user interface, simply by using virtually any mobile device.
The fully configurable Lynx software platform is also designed to communicate with multiple Terminal Operating Systems. In this case, the Port of Houston Authority integrated Lynx with Navis Express and Navis SPARCS N4.
- Terminal Announcements – Displays all important terminal announcements
- Check Container Availability – Provides you with real-time import container release status to ensure pickup availability
- Booking Inquiry – This feature provides a summary of the booking details
- View Vessel Schedule – This feature displays vessel schedules and associated cutoff dates for vessels calling the terminal
- Gate Transaction Inquiry – Provides the ability to retrieve EIR details for an associated gate transaction
- Terminal Information – Provides the terminal address, phone number and integrates with Google Maps for directions.
About Lynx Mobile Customer Access Solution:
The LynxMCA™ solution is a highly configurable software platform that integrates seamlessly into the terminal operating system to provide users with accurate and real-time data. This software, say the providers, has proven successful with the Navis Express and N4 environments, but can be adapted to any Terminal Operating System. A rich user interface, using HTML5 for supported mobile devices, provides the external users with an “app” design and is easily maintained. The LynxMCA app has been optimized to work with all mobile smart phones and tablets.