Rosneft Hikes Stake in NOC
Rosneft and Lukoil signed a package of legally binding documents regarding Rosneft’s acquisition of 20% share in the National Oil Consortium LLC (NOC). Due to this deal the share of Rosneft in the charter capital of NOC will increase to 80%, with the remaining 20% owned by Gazprom Neft. Consolidation of the consortium management resulting from the deal will allow to substantially improve operational control and have positive impact on the Junin-6 project implementation efficiency.
Standing by to Assist Santa
Pentagon Press Secretary, Rear Adm. John Kirby, recently held a press briefing where he discussed the specifics of how the Department of Defense is supporting Santa Claus’ yuletide journey as he delivers gifts around the world. The U.S. 6th Fleet is on high alert, focusing maritime assets on protecting the waters within its area of operations to ensure the Jolly Old Elf is able to complete his rounds as he, much like 6th Fleet ships, operates forward.
"Iron Nickel's" Last Voyage
USS Peleliu (LHA 5) returned to Naval Base San Diego Dec. 24 from a six-month deployment to the Western Pacific. Upon return, the ship will make preparations to decommission in March after 34 years of service, 17 deployments and more than a million miles transited, and as the last remaining Tarawa-class amphibious assault ship. During the ship's deployment Peleliu, its crew, Commander, Amphibious Squadron Three…
USCG Respond to Ohio River Barge Collision
The Coast Guard is responding to a barge collision on the Ohio River near Joppa, Illinois, Wednesday. Coast Guard Sector Ohio Valley watchstanders were notified a collision took place between the towing vessel Christina Belcher, pushing two crude oil barges, and a loaded sand barge in a fleeting area at mile marker 952, at around 3 a.m. There were no reported injuries. One of the oil barges, reportedly carrying an estimated 921…